Saturday, September 17, 2005

sustainability etc.

hi folks,

so the rain turned out to be not much of a rain at all but still it has been a very nice end of week. had some good conversations with friends including Wayne about sustainability etc. also put some farm tools up in the Traces space; a currycomb, a barn pulley, various buckets, wrenches etc.

I need to put this on the jacksonville center site but folks should know that there are a lot of sustainable living initiatives getting ramped up in Floyd. SLEC - the sustainable living education center - will be opening a display space soon, and prospective volunteers (concerned citizens, students and businesspersons) are encouraged to contact the Association of Energy Conservation Professionals for details about SLEC and the activities that will be going on there...

which reminds me an eco friendly paint shop opened in Floyd not so long ago and I would like to give them a little wave hello and say, I meant to type your flyer up & put it on the Internet but I forgot...but I hope your business is going well...

so right now I am painting polliwogs on stone using sumi ink. I am also working on a painting of an invisible kitty and his friends the mycelium.

I dont know why I am thinking of this now but I recently heard someone describe google as having invented a prom king/prom queen kind of scenario...in which popularity is the draw and little else is considered...in fact popularity is spread as a sham currency...anyway I don't know if that's true about Google but it sure reminds me how nice it is to be in exile from the contemporary art world.

the moon is very full right now and the cows are mooing now very loudly. it is almost a racket, really.

reading technorati tonight I have to say I did like the rebuild with you mr. president article...

oh! I have been pulling a compound bow for fun. it is VERY fun. good for the posture, too. the whitetail outfitter folks were very very nice and measured me to determine draw length etc. so. ladies if you are looking for a compund bow do not hesitate to go to whitetail I expect they will treat you very nice as they did the same for me.

by the way if there are any goat awareness advocates out there I am interested in collaborating with like minded individuals...one of the SLEC events I plan to propose is called Goat Zoo and it would bring young people in contact with these ever so funny little ambasadors of sustainable agriculture...

well I need to go now. have a good evening.

--suzy